Threading is an ancient eyebrow shaping and hair removal technique originating from Asia and the Middle East.It has fast become the preferred method to craft eyebrowsand remove unwanted facial hair.The therapist twists a piece of thread in her fingers anduses it to entwine and ease out the hairs from the root.
As the hair is removed from the follicle it is a reasonably long-lasting hair removal technique. Repeat visits are usually after 3-4 weeks as a standard. For women who prefer a more natural beauty regimen threading is a popular choice as there is no use of chemicals (or other products at all!). If properly performed then threading will not harm the skin at all and should not leave the skin red or irritated for more than a few minutes after the session.
Benefits of Threading vs Waxing
- Does not peel off a layer of skin
- Lengthens the time taken for hair to grow back
- Skin does not get as red and irritated
- Individual hairs can be pulled out
- The hair being removed does not need to be as long, but just above the skin
- No additional hair will be produced and existing hairs will not get stronger
- The finest hairs from the skin surface will be picked up
- Skin is left smooth